I met my back up midwife today. She's really nice. I like her. I hope I like my primary midwife just as much.
She did most of the talking really, explaining midwifery to us. No peeing in cups, no stepping on scales, no blood pressure cuff... just a lot of chatting.
We were asked if we wanted to do first trimester genetic screening. We said yes. I know we're very low risk as it is, but having a piece of paper telling us we're low risk would be very reassuring. And if something was wrong we would want to know that ahead of time. Honestly though, the primary reason we decided to have the screening was a chance to see the baby.
I've updated my sidebar with all the upcoming important dates, just in case you wanted to mark your calendars or something.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I have to admit, I almost did the early screening just for another u/s. :-) So glad you met with the midwife and that you like her. Can't wait until the next u/s!!
So I gotta get to work on my passport, don't I? ;o)
Post a Comment