Monday, December 15, 2008

13w2d update

So last week we had an ultrasound. I think the baby is measuring a
couple days off, but nothing I'm worried about. What's 2mm between
friends? I got to see the head and spine and arms and legs and
heartbeat and eye sockets and just all around be relieved that the
baby is alive. I'd had more spotting last week, dark and brown.
Scary shit. But the week ended on a high note, so who's to complain?

Today we got to hear the woosh woosh woosh woosh. It was amazing.
Not quite as amazing as seeing it on the ultrasound a few days before,
but still amazing. Pretty soon I may have to start believing that
there's actually a baby in there.

Despite gaining practically no weight I'm in full on maternity pant
mode. In fact for the next 6 months I may wear a t-shirt that says
"No, it's not twins, but thanks so much for asking!" My midwives
aren't concerned about my weight at all. In fact they aren't even
tracking it. How much does that rock? I'm tracking it myself, of
course. I feel my empty stomach, empty bladder, no clothes method is
much more reliable anyway.

Aside from that there isn't much to tell you. All is well... and
sometimes, that's enough.

1 comment:

Brandy said...

I truly believe, with all my heart, that there are few sounds in this world as sweet as that woosh, woosh, woosh.