Tuesday, November 4, 2008

No news is... good news?

I saw my family Doctor on Monday.  He's being very optimistic.  He thinks it was just too early, and that we shouldn't worry they couldn't see the heartbeat... or the baby at 6w4d.  Ultrasounds are VERY unreliable.  Really, at this point beta's are more valuable. Whatever.

I can understand my doctor wanting to verify everything before we do something to hasten the miscarriage, but I just can't take his constant reassurance that this may not be as bad as it sounds.  I'm fairly certain it's over... and now I have to deal with my hopeful husband.  Poor guy.  This means he's going to have to deal with this same loss twice.  Plus I'm having to battle his optimism with my realism/pessimism... and boy, that's fun!

Anyway, here are the facts

4w6d beta 961
6w1d spotting starts
6w3d beta 20k ish
6w4d u/s no fetal heartbeat or fetal pole
7w2d beta 40k ish

So yes, the beta's are rising but s.....l.....o.....w.....l.....y.

Also, every single one of my pregnancy symptoms are gone.  Fatigue, gone.  Food aversions, gone.  Sick feeling before breakfast, gone.  Bloat, gone.  Breast tenderness, gone.  Actual expectation of a June baby, gone.

I have another beta tomorrow (7w4d), and from there we will decide on a plan of action.  If it's gone up then I'll have another ultrasound next week.  If it's gone down... who knows.  More waiting most likely.  Which is great really, because I was wondering if there was a way to drag this out even longer.

2 comments:

Lala said...

I admit i want to be optimistic too.....

Milenka said...

I share in the desire for optimism, but I totally get how you feel. I tried the optimistic approach for my first few pregnancies, and then I just got bitter. Then again, I have no problem whatsoever keeping things crossed and hoping for good news for you. Or a swift resolution. But another scan either way to be sure! *hug*